Sunday, June 13, 2010

reconnecting with God

i went to the methodist church today for the first time in Lord knows how long. i got there late, and for a second considered not going in, but it was the first time in a long time i had had confidence about entering a church. so i went in late. i sat, i sang, i listened to the lesson (which talked about "coveting" and wanting things you don't have). everyone who remembered me was glad to see me. i remembered why i wanted to be part of a group in church in the first place.

the Lord has heard my prayers, and i am feeling better after a week of being very depressed and questioning my whole being. the answer to part of my prayer came from a message from my friend, who revealed to me that (unbeknownst to me) she had suffered from depression for a long time. i have always envied her faith, and finding this out really hit home with me- i thought, if she can do it, so can i!

i have so much to learn. i don't think i will ever stop learning.

two good things about today:
i found beautiful yarn at the dollar store
i found out a christian band i like (Mercyme) will be playing at the fair this year :)

praise be to god.

No comments:

Post a Comment